Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I'm a morning person

Why are people with opposing internal clocks drawn to each other? I'm a morning person, rarin' to go at six in the morning. Some members of my family are night owls, unable to say anything coherent until 10 AM. I chatter merrily away with the birds chirping at the sunrise while the rest of the family is just getting wound up with sundown.

The downside of all that morning alertness for me is the crash and burn around 9 PM. I need at least seven hours of sleep to function well, and I fade fast.

So, the bit of knitting I can work in between dinner and bedtime is sacrosanct.

My Family's Favorite Ways To Interrupt Sacrosanct Knitting Time
  1. The dog has to go to the bathroom.
  2. People need me to find something they've spent all of 30 seconds seeking and that is staring them in the face.
  3. The phone rings. We do not like to answer the phone at night. After some arguing back and forth over who will answer the phone, it goes to message.
  4. The dog has to go to the bathroom again.
  5. One of the kids needs me to see something on the computer (we screen their computer time pretty aggressively, so they're well trained to show us any new web site they want to visit).
  6. There's no TP in whichever bathroom someone is using.
  7. The dryer buzzer goes off.
  8. The dog has to go outside to bark at a squirrel, but he makes "go to the bathroom" barks to fool me.
  9. Telemarketers call. Despite answering machine, it's still a disruption.
  10. The dog has to go outside because this is the most fun game of his day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - it's great to hear from you!