Friday, January 11, 2008

Random thoughts on knitting, Dunwoody, and Queen Bees

It's been a busy week of constant hat-changing. I've published the workbook for the next Preschool Phonics classes, conferenced with AG's teachers, thought about the main course for my son's church youth group Progressive Dinner coming up on Sunday, and, of course, blogged.

Out of all that frenetic activity have come some random thoughts.

1. After road-knitting for 12 hours last weekend, I needed a break. I've discovered my passion for knitting doesn't lessen just because I take a periodic breather. It just gets more savory.

2. The Queen Bees have emerged! Their circles are busy, busy, busy with long hair, appropriate clothing, and a constantly changing list of "dos" and "don'ts." It's fascinating to watch the queens use their power. Ah, but if it were only for good.

3. Crohn's Disease is one of those pervasive genetic disorders that seem to affect every possible body process. On the other hand, it's all too easy to dismiss something new as Crohn's related. We're still learning how my son's disease works. And just when we think we know, it evolves.

4. I snore. There, I admitted it. I can't believe I do it and there's not a darned thing I can do to stop it. Sigh.

5. I love managing the Nature Center's web site. Want to see it? It's at www.dunwoodynature.org. I took a DreamWeaver class to get me up to speed, and it's been a joy ever since. I'm far from being able to design a site from scratch (the center's site was created by a very talented web designer), but this part of my morning job is definitely keeping me in the loop web-wise.

6. Berroco's new web site design is really good. And Norah Gaughan's latest design is cool. The short-sleeve sweater has an intriguing circular design that radiates out beneath the sleeves. Definitely thinking about knitting it.

7. I'd love to own a knitting shop right here in Dunwoody. But I don't have the business acumen and that's absolutely essential. It's one thing to love all things knitting. It's another to run a business.

That's enough for one day. On to my morning job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - it's great to hear from you!