Saturday, March 1, 2008

Must be a guy thing

I'm feeling the love. The 2008 Pine Straw Fundraiser by Troop 764 is today. It's exhausting, dusty, time-consumer work. The Scouts all pitch in, from the greenest newbie 6th grader to seasoned Eagle Scouts who share tips and tricks with impressionable up-and-comers.

They start Friday night, unloading two semi-tractor loads of pine straw into smaller delivery trucks. This shift is a "privilege" for 1st Class Scouts and higher ranks, who work late into the evening, then enjoy pizza and junk food before (supposedly) sleeping at the church overnight.

I don't think there's a lot of sleeping.

Today, the Scouts and volunteer parents delivered thousands of bales of pine straw all over Dunwoody.

For the third year in a row, our pine straw delivery somehow went astray. I'm just so puzzled how a simple thing like piling pine straw in one tidy row isn't so simple after all. A's fellow Scouts outdid themselves this year.

Case in point:

Basketstraw anyone?













Pining for home?






















I know who you are. Each year, I document the evidence of your shenanigans. I confess I'm impressed by your inventiveness. The pine straw stuffed into my mailbox and the bale on the roof were particularly special.


There will be payback.

Heh, heh, heh. (That's an evil laugh, but it somehow doesn't come off quite as scary as I planned.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - it's great to hear from you!