Sunday, July 6, 2008

The fruits of knitting labor

Few things in life feel better than the afterglow of hard work. Maybe the physical labor is thanks to a hobby or volunteer project. Maybe it's a matter of paying the bills. In any case, a long shower, good meal, and deep sleep are never better than when you're deeply exhausted, the job is done, and there's nothing to do for the next few hours - or days.

My kicking back from community special eventing has involved much knitting. I cast on and finished the Bold and Bulky Mini-Cardi from Fitted Knits, finished my Baby Surprise Jacket and Boxed handbag (a new custom design I'll share soon), and gathered materials for a bpt for my daughter. I'm on a roll - several things are in the queue and I'm thinking Christmas gifts at this stage.

Details:
Baby Surprise Sweater: Araucania Multi with size 4 needles
Bold and Bulky Mini-Cardi: 3 skeins charcoal and 2 skeins black Lion Wool Ease Thick & Quick
bpt: 10 skeins Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in a light pink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - it's great to hear from you!