Thursday, September 11, 2008

Life is good. Thanks to everyone in a uniform.

Of course 9-11 makes us reflective. It should. I am immeasurably blessed to have my life intact post 9-11 because one person decided to put on a uniform. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, Coast Guard, firefighter, police officer, paramedic . . . thank you for choosing to serve.

My father served in Korea and Vietnam. He doesn't talk about his service very much because it was so darned bad. There's a Bronze Star in a bureau and some paperwork locked away in a box. But he's proud, and I'm proud of him, and thankful he came home to us.

My friend's husband served in Iraq and came home safely. He lost colleagues and friends at the Pentagon.

My classmate's father was one of the Vietnam POW's who never made it home. 

Bad people who do bad things touch each of us. But thanks to good people who choose to do the right thing, we in America can live free.

I hope you appreciate just how good we have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - it's great to hear from you!