Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pimento cheese and buckeyes: it must be Christmas!

I am such a Southern gal. For Christmas Eve dinner, I'm fixing fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and homemade rolls.

If you're Southern, you "fix" food - you don't use any other verbs.

I made holiday batches of homemade pimento cheese (wonderful for grab-and-go sandwiches) and buckeyes (which are disappearing suspiciously quickly). Overnight cinnamon rolls will go into the fridge tomorrow night, just before we go to St. Luke's for the 11:00 pm Christmas Eve candlelight service.

Holidays mean food . . . comfortable, familiar, memory-evoking food.

Pimento Cheese
1 cup grated sharp cheddar
1 cup grated monterey jack
3 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
salt and pepper to taste

Mix 'em up and chill overnight. Yum!



For Buckeyes, I use a recipe from All Recipes!


The Knitternall clan is ready to indulge in leisurely time together, so this blog will take a brief hiatus. I'll be back by New Year's Eve.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog showed up in a google search I was doing. This recipe sounds DELISH!

    And yes, I "fix" food, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - it's great to hear from you!