Saturday, December 20, 2008

There's no place like home, there's no place like home . . .


Finals and midterms are over, T's home from his latest business trips, the Nature Center is ready for the weekend, the house is fairly clean, and we don't have to GO ANYWHERE!.

I love being at home.

My son shares my fondness for hunkering down and solitude. My daughter, on the other hand, is with her father, ready to go anywhere and do anything at any time. To satisfy everyone's yens, we'll balance fa-la-la-la-la outings with quiet, unstructured time at home throughout the holiday break. The kids and I are heading to the King Tut exhibit on Monday (T will be in Philly), various tweens and teens are coming over for sleepovers and hanging-out time, and we'll make a short visit to friends and family in North Carolina. T and I have a nice holiday from work coming up beginning on Christmas Eve. . . whoo-hoo!

Now I'm going to indulge in a fit of holiday baking and wrestle one more time with the deluge of fall leaves covering the ground.

It's lovely to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - it's great to hear from you!