Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Room for reading.

I believe my reserve list at the Dunwoody Library is the longest ever. I just tried to add one more book. The system bounced me out because I'd exceeded their limit. Harrumph. There are just so many intriguing books coming out in the next few months. I finished Dan Brown's Lost Symbol this past week thanks to a loan from the McA's.  And I listened to Elizabeth Berg's The Year of Pleasures audiobook during my recent visit to North Carolina. Both were quite satisfying.

I get leads on good reads from friends, buzz on bestseller lists, and trolling around Barnes & Noble (my favorite bookstore).  My current reserve list is heavy on chick lit, but - I'm a chick.

The forgotten garden : a novel /     Morton, Kate
The girl with the dragon tattoo /  Larsson, Stieg
Knit the season : a Friday Night Knitting Club book /   Kate Jacobs
Sarah's key . . . Tatiana de Rosnay 
U is for undertow /  Sue Grafton
Hardball / Sara Paretsky
Have a little faith [a true story] /   Mitch Albom
Half broke horses : a true-life novel /  Jeannette Walls
The help  Kathryn Stockett
The weight of silence /  Heather Gudenkauf
Her fearful symmetry : a novel /   Audrey Niffenegger
Since the DeKalb Library system isn't keen on investing in knitting books, that particular list gets tucked into my knitting bag for the next Atlanta Knitting Guild meeting. Their borrowed books library is generous and very helpful for budget-conscious stash and pattern building.

More audiobooks are hitting my reserve list now that I've discovered how very pleasant it is to listen to a story while I'm knitting. (And driving long distances.) If the Dunwoody Library doesn't have it, I can always download a must read on my Ipod. I'm slow to embrace technology, but I do get there eventually.

It's raining outside (yet again), my Preschool Phonics class is prepped and ready for tomorrow, and I have some reading and knitting to enjoy.

Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - it's great to hear from you!