Sunday, April 4, 2010

This is the day the Lord has made . . .

. . . and I rejoice.

Not blindly, as if all is right in the world.

Not in denial, as if I don't know I have some high expectations to live up to.

Not frivolously, as if the pageantry and traditions of the Easter service are enough to carry me for the rest of the year.

And not smugly, as if I think I know everything about worshiping our Maker.

I rejoice humbly, gratefully, and hopefully. Because God makes each day as a gift to us.

Happy Easter.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you and yours, as well!

    (May I ask, where was the photo taken?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone sent it to me, but I think it's a passalong - it's Stone Mountain!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - it's great to hear from you!