Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Late bloomer

Have you seen the commercial where the kinda creepy guy in the carpool gets a text on his smart phone, laughs ... then, wait for it, everyone else in the carpool finally gets it, too? (The point is that his smart phone service is better than their smart phone service.)

I'm the rest of the folks in the carpool. A late bloomer, if you will. I wait to jump into the latest technology because I don't want to pay top dollar, know there are bugs to work out, and figure it's better to let everyone else do the trial and error bit before I join in.

My handy dandy new smart phone is quite a treat, a miniature computer in my hands and ready to tell me where to go, how to get there, and why I want to be there in the first place. But my gee-whiz reactions get a mental eye-roll from friends who've been sending me emails and texts "from my XYZ totally cool smart phone" for YEARS.

Ah well, better late than never.

At the moment, the smart phone is out-smarting me on several fronts ... quickly draining battery life, cumbersome wireless pass-keys, icons I don't want and can't delete, and jiggly photos (including an unexpected photo of myself - so THAT's what that little icon does).  I'm checking user forums and getting up to speed, so the learning curve isn't bad. Well, mostly.

Fun! And much more relaxing than yesterday's heavy labor.

26 or so bags of leaves and sticks from the front yard. My aching back.

The raised bed vegetable garden is now in the front yard. Needs more peat moss, compost, and vermiculite. Scat, cats! Off, dogs!
Today, it's all about copywriting and Preschool Phonics.  So the next wave of yard prep will wait until later in the week, when it's supposed to be tantalizing warm and clear.

Get ready, back yard. Your loser days are nearly OVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - it's great to hear from you!